KEY INTO REORGANISATION
Chris Parkin, Catherine Parkin, Brian Pool
© 2002 Triune Initiatives Revised 2008.
KEY comprehension series. 1st of 3 separate resources
Reorganising information is a necessary research skill.
Reorganising is necessary for mathematical problem solving.
Reorganisation is a sub-skill of evaluation and reaction.
Reorganisation is multi-faceted - not to be underestimated.
To provide a graded resource with an extensive range of original,
well-crafted material that is designed to:
meet the needs of a wide range of students
demonstrate (model) how reorganisation works
provide practise examples - fiction & non-fiction texts.
2. Guide & Answers
FOR USE BY
Specialists and classroom teachers
Individual, groups (as part of a guided reading program)
One Copymaster book (96 pages)
One Guide & Answers book (39 pages)
Three graded levels in one resource:
Level One decoding levels 8 – 10 years
Level Two decoding levels 10 – 12 years
Level Three decoding levels 12 – 14 years
At each level reorganisation is introduced with single paragraphs.
Models demonstrate joining/grouping separated information.
Practice material in the form of complete texts
Level Three texts include: history, geography, science, technology, news, sports news, leisure reviews & advertising
There are 2 main reorganisation types:
- joined information
- grouped information
and 4 sub-types:
- joined with referent (they, these, them, we, it, her, his etc.)
- grouped with referent
- grouped with elimination
- grouped with calculation (assists in reading math problems)
- PLUS reorganisation in conversation (direct speech); using traditional conventions and two modern variations.
• Three graded levels in the one resource
• Photocopiable material
• 89 pages of sentences, paragraphs and texts
• Fiction and non-fiction material at every level
• Progressive developmental process
• Full answers to all questions
• Comprehensive, user-friendly guide
with instructions & extension activities
• Can be used with individuals, groups or whole classes
• Proved to be very successful with older students and adults
• Improves teacher/tutor awareness & understanding
KEY words with all answers,
demonstrating how a competent reader would reorganise texts.
ADDITIONAL G & A BOOKS
Additional Guide & Answer books
are available to schools (only)
if a full kit has been purchased.
NOT AVAILABLE TO
private education/tuition providers,
itinerant or specialists.
• 8+ years - adults.
• Competent readers under 8+ yrs
• Poor decoders (when used orally)
Also in the key series
1 KEY into reorganisation
2 KEY into inference
3 KEY into evaluation
PROBE & THE KEY SERIES
The KEY comprehension series
is directly linked to PROBE question types of reorganisation, inference, evaluation & reaction